Thursday, April 12, 2018

Day 4 -Arlington, Gettysburg, Pennsylvania










Our day began with a visit to Arlington National Cemetary and the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. What a beautiful solemn ceremony that honors the fallen who have served our country with honor. It was far bigger and more beautiful than I had imagined. It’s situated on a hill overlooking the Pentagon. There were several “21 gun salutes” we heard on the way. There was a special honor for a dignitary from Morocco in which we heard a 21 gun salute with a Howizer ( like a cannon!)! There were dozens of school groups all walking silently & respectfully in honor of the fallen heroes. When I come back next week I can show you a little bit of the changing of the guard ceremony on video. I was really close so I could see all the details. It was so impressive! We then drove on the Gettysburg, the site of a famous battle of the Civil War that marked a turning point for the North. Tomorrow we’ll visit an Amish farm, then on to Philadelphia!! This is such an amazing trip, I’m so thankful I had the chance to come!