Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Day 2 Washington DC



















”freedom isn’t free”.... Today we went to The White House! What a beautiful building! -and no, President Trump wasn’t there to greet us. I guess he was busy running the country! The American History Museum is so amazing- everything from a mask of Lincoln’s face to the inaugural ball gowns of most of the First Ladies to the Swedish chef muppet to the oldest version of an Apple computer- complete with s floppy disk drive - and so much more. The cherry blossoms near the Washington Monument are breathtaking!!  We saw the Iwo Jima Memorial and  Mt Vernon (Washington’s Home) and wrapped up our day visiting the Vietnam, Lincoln and Korean Memorials. The most important idea from this day? Thank a veteran.  The price of freedom is great and I am thankful for all who serve or have served in honor of the United States.

I’m still hoping to post pictures! I think I need a better internet connection!