Friday, March 16, 2018

Mrs. Hawkins Fifth Grade Fact Sheet
March 19-23, 2018     
NO SCHOOL ON FRIDAY, March 23                                                                                                              


Memory Verse  (Test 3/20)
Joshua 1:7
“Be strong and very courageous.  Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or left, that you  may be successful wherever you go.”

Spelling List #18
Important Dates and Announcements
(Test 3/22)
Remember… you can be following your child’s progress on Renweb.  It is updated a few times a week.
Also, homework is updated to the blog DAILY.

1. your
2. which
3. its
4. does
5. every
6. large(est)
7. once
8. it’s
9. change
10. whether
11. either
12. animals
13. ice
14. although
15. weather
16. whose
17. you’re
18. human(s)
19. choose
20. sleep
21. iron
22. throuble(d)
23. store
24. beside





*Our class chapel has been rescheduled to APRIL 11.  This will ensure that all students are able to participate and feel fully prepared.  Thank you for continuing to pray for the health for our classroom and school.*

  • Mar. 23  No School
  • Mar. 26-30  SPRING BREAK
  • Apr. 4  All School Chapel – Westside HS Worship Team
  • Apr. 6  Report Cards Emailed Home
  • Apr. 11 NEW Class Chapel Date

Academic Updates
Bible
Lesson 8 – Joshua and Caleb are Faithful (Test 3/20)
Math
Chapter 7 – Multiplying Fractions
Social Studies
Chapter 6 – Egypt
Language Arts
Short Stories from Treasures
Grammar: Sit/Set, Lay/Lie, Rise/Raise

No chapel this past week due to Patriotic Program rehearsal…

Families,
I can’t thank you enough for sharing your sweet and bright kids with me each day.  I thoroughly enjoyed my time with them.  WHCS is such a special place and I truly feel blessed that my kids and I had the chance to be here for most of the year.  Life certainly is full of surprises, but nothing is a surprise to God.  He goes before each of us as we navigate life, even on twisty roads.  While I am excited to start a new chapter with my husband and children, I am so sad to leave West Hills behind.
I am excited for the class for the blessing of Mrs. McCaslin.  She will provide a smooth transition for the class and help the students finish the year strong!

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
Jeremiah 29:11